Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Confessions of an e-book reader..........

Friends here comes the confessions of a self proclaimed green crusader(or brand  ambassador of e-books).....
Its back to square one!I am going where I belong!!For all these months I was advocating for e-books and e-book reader devices,but now I really miss my good old books.These new age ebooks just cant replace
the tradiotional books.It says that old habits die hard.The book you love most is one which you can hold with two hands,can recognise by its smell and possess in its physical form.Even today I must say an ebook is easy to carry,more environment friendly etc etc.But personally I am more comfortable reading a printed book.The "selfish reader" in me will not  bother  if  few trees are to be cut  to produce my book! May be lack of proper e-book reader device(like Kindle) is the reason behind my apathy towards e-books.I planned to buy one kindle but that got delayed.Now it is the "temporay end" of my "flirting" with e-books.Come next week end I will buy some books to renew my ties with printed books.....






1 comment:

Azzu said...

Thanks mano for a nice and timely article ... I too miss the smell of a book when I read the softcopy of the same ... No device can give you that feeling of holding a book in your hand ... I realised every book is unique with it's own cover, pages, size and smell ...whereas In an ebook reader .. Each and every book looks same ... It's the same device .... When you buy softcopies of books .. You cannot enjoy the possession of the books in your bookshelf ... It's only some files in your electronic device .... On the other hand Ebook reader has enabled me to collect/buy/read lots of books within a short span of time with almost no or a little cost .. Which was, otherwise, impossible for me. In my collection, i have only ca 500 hardcopies of books in comparison to 40000 softcopies I downloaded... And i must say at the end what matters most is reading a book not how you read it ...